Mamilla treats psoriasis, eczema, allergies and fungal infections on your nipples
Certain dermatological afflictions such as psoriasis, eczema, allergies or fungal infections can cause painful nipples. These are dermatological problems that can occur on your nipples and that can be painful when breastfeeding.
- Psoriasis is recognisable by the salmon-coloured areas with silvery flakes it causes. In general it does not become a problem for breastfeeding, but your nipples can b very sensitive.
- Eczema on your nipples causes a rough, dry and often red rash, like it would cause elsewhere on your body.
- A contact allergy can be caused by certain nipple creams or ointments and likewise causes a red and painful rash.
- A fungal infection can be caused by Candida albicans, which is called candidiasis.
Dramatic stabs of pain in your nipples could mean a fungal, bacterial or other infection
If your nipple is not deformed after breastfeeding or your nipple is purple or red, flaky and you are experiencing pus-like secretions or blisters, this could indicate a fungal infection (such as candida albicans, which can cause thrush), a bacterial infection (such as staphylococcus aureus), a viral infection (such as herpes simplex) or a parasitical infection (which is very rare).
Eczema on your nipples, or nipple eczema, can cause nipple fissures
Nipple eczema is a dermatological affliction that is considered to be a type of atopic dermatitis and appears on the nipple and areola. It is comparable to psoriasis, which is associated with dry and flaky or oozing blisters. It can cause considerable itchiness, resulting in wounds when you scratch at it. This will allow bacteria to enter and can result in infections.
- Soothes sore nipples
- 100% natural and safe
- Contains organic ingredients
- For loving breastfeeding
- Comes in ultraviolet glass to protect the valuable ingredients from UV rays
- 100% baby-friendly and hypoallergenic