Amanprana 'Kotobuki' Matcha premium quality
There are many differences in quality and price of Matcha teas. There is Matcha for culinary use (less expensive), Matcha for beginners (less refined taste), ceremonial Matcha tea (more expensive) and Premium Matcha (most expensive). The best Matcha is 10 times more expensive than the least expensive Matcha. Amanprana Matcha is premium quality with a high nutritional value and organically certified.
1. Amanprana Matcha only uses the finest young leaves of Camellia Sinensis, the highest quality in Japan, cultivated organically.
2. Quality of Amanprana Matcha largely depends on quality of the Tencha. Quality of the Tencha depends on region (terroir), geographical conditions (lowland, hilly country or mountainous region), experience of the tea farmer and variety of tea plant.
3. The difference in Amanprana Matcha is furthermore largely determined by the respect and know-how with which Tencha tea leaves are ground. Amanprana Matcha is ground to an extremely fine powder on small granite mills, slowly and very carefully. Additionally, with Amanprana, grinding occurs very slowly: 30 to 40 g per hour.
4. The specialised tea taster employs 5 criteria: appearance, colour, aroma, taste and colour in the cup. At Amanprana they judge according to 7 criteria. The 5 criteria from the specialised tea taster plus criteria 6, nutritional value and criteria 7, only pure quality that must be certified organic (tea without heavy metals, toxic chemicals and pesticides, pure and nothing else).
5. 'Kotobuki' in Japanese means 'longevity' and 'blessing'. It refers to the high nutritional value of Kotobuki quality. It is the highest quality Matcha tea with the highest ORAC (antioxidation) value among premium Matchas. Kotobuki Matcha is used in tea ceremonies and in Japan is reserved for premier tea houses. Kotobuki Matcha has an intense green colour and a sweet aromatic aftertaste. Matcha Kotobuki tastes slightly stronger and slightly more bitter than the other best Matchas due to its higher tannin content. Food as medicine is a high priority for Amanprana.
Amanprana Matcha contains premium Kotobuki Matcha quality. And more, Amanprana Matcha is premium quality with the highest possible nutritional value and is certified organic. The Matcha that Amanprana uses is amply sufficient for the seven quality criteria and there is probably none better. Connoisseurs will note the fresh spring green colour of the prepared tea, mild sweet taste with a suggestion of soft bitterness...
- Friend of students
- Kotobuki Matcha quality