Preparing Matcha, the Japanese art of tea making, chado
Matcha is packed with polyphenols, which are very good for you. It also contains natural caffeine and many EGCG molecules, which stop cancer.
When you drink matcha you drink the whole tea leaf, which means you absorb all the goodness.
I drink it before exercising, after exercising, I'm a real green tea junkie.Attila Hildmann, vegan celebrity chef and bestselling author, Germany
Chado (or Sado), meaning the Way of Tea, is the Japanese art of preparing tea. The 4 fundamental principles are: harmony (wa), respect (kei), purity (sei) and silence (jaku). The influence of Zen Buddhism is unmistakable in the way in which this ceremony is conducted. From there the often-heard phrase, 'Zen and tea have the same taste'.
Traditionally, Matcha is prepared as follows:
1. Boil water (preferably mineral water with low mineral content)
2. Allow boiling water to cool to 80°C
3. Put 1 g (1/2 teaspoon) Matcha into a Matcha bowl
4. Add approx. 80 ml water
5. Gently whisk the tea for 15 seconds with a bamboo scoop until it is a frothy liquid. The tea bowl is never filled to the brim, but to a maximum of 2 fingers from the brim. While frothing the green tea you can still enjoy the slowly ascending aroma. Consciously enjoy as you drink Matcha tea. Matcha has a pleasant taste, soft and simultaneously intense and strongly aromatic.
Kotobuki Matcha from Amanprana: Serve in exemplary fashion as described above.
Gula Java Matcha from Amanprana: Is this manner of serving not necessary? Place Gula Java Matcha in a bowl or glass and add cold, warm or hot water, grain drink or milk. Stir with a regular spoon and drink. How much Gula Java Matcha? According to taste: between 1 small teaspoon to 1 large soup spoon per 200-300ml cup.
- focus + energy
- Inner peace and Zen
- Rich in chlorophylls for detoxing
- Kotobuki Matcha quality
- Focus, Zen and detox (chlorophyll)
- 137 times more EGCG catechins than green tea
- Superfood: vit. E, fibre, minerals, tannins, +15 types of proteins,...
- Very high antioxidant level