Stop the privatization of water by Nestle!
Nestle is privatising our water. We can stop them. Amanprana supports donation to SumOfUs in their campaign to stop Nestlé from privatising our drinking water.
Nestlé wants to commodify water. They pump millions of litres of water out of the ground in many countries and sell it to those who are willing and able to pay for it. Water should be privatised in all countries, is their position. For Amanprana, that goes a step too far. Amanprana is of the opinion that water must be protected by governments and agencies. Water must remain inexpensive and accessible to those who cannot afford bottled water.
Nestlé is the largest food company in the world. Nestlé’s influence has become considerable in many countries and governments. The boss (CEO) of Nestlé recently said that water is not a ‘human right’, not a basic right. He also said that the greatest social responsibility of a boss is to ensure that there is profit. Full stop.
Please support the ‘SumOfUs’ campaign against the privatisation of water by Nestlé. You can stop them together with others.
“I’ve donated myself on 29.11.2013 (facebook 3833, twitter 226). Will you do so as well?” Bart Maes, founder of Amanprana organic superfoods and owner of Authentic Bertyn Seitan.
We can make a difference. ‘Be the change you want to see’ - Gandhi.
- Make a small contribution to litigate against Nestlé.
- Hold demonstrations against Nestlé.
- Ensure media attention: ‘No, no privatisation of water.’
- Use blogs, twitter, facebook, social media ...to demand attention for not privatising water.
- Inform Nestlé’s employees about Nestlé’s actions worldwide.
In the 1970s, Nestlé was very aggressive in promoting their breast milk substitute. Babies had to drink their milk substitute. The result: in developing countries thousands of babies died. An aggressive campaign against this milk substitute followed which forced Nestlé to reverse its policy.
Make Nestlé notice that when we rise up, in our multitudes, we have the power to make their profits plummet. Nestle must recognise that human rights take priority over profit. In Pakistan, Nigeria, North America and other places in the world, we must make Nestlé aware that water from the ground is a basic right.
- Use glass, not plastic
- Dishwasher proof
- Carries a vortex (spiral) that symbolises the vitality of water
- With a Shri Yantra mandala cosmogram
- Comes in a handy recycled sleeve for when you’re on the go
- 100% of profits got to the Save the Sea charity